I'm honest enough with myself to admit that it's not my talent keeping you here. And, I have no aspirations to the kind of false humility that expects you to disagree with me either. So, I can only assume that there're at least 50 people in the world (OK 27 people if you discount the Bugaboo Stamps DT that HAS to be here) that find me letting my freak flag fly mildly amusing. If not amusing, then at least you haven't run screaming into the night over the fact that I'm hardly a lights-out, covers-up, nose-to-nose, toes-to-toes, Mother-wouldn't-approve, mamby-pamby wuss-ass type of blogger. . .;)
My sincerest thanks. . .even though my Mexican Southern Belle Mama wishes you wouldn't encourage me. . .;)
As of way of demonstrating my gratitude, I'd like to offer all of you the chance of winning one of two pieces of DE-LICIOUS and NU-TRICIOUS blog candy. All you gotta do is leave a comment on this post telling me a little something interesting about yourself. No, I'm not going to sell your secrets to Osama bin Laden and the Taliban. . .Geez Louise, a bit paranoid, aren't we? ;) I just want to know a little bit more about my friends.
Still nervous? OK, I'll start with a few tee-hee-make-me-pee bio-facts:
- I was born in Izmir, Turkey.
- "Huera" (sometimes spelled "Guera") is a family nickname and what my parents call me. It roughly translates to "fair-skinned" in Spanish.
- I have a BA in History with a Minor in Anthropology, both of which are throughly useless except for kicking ass and taking names in Trivial Pursuit.
- I'm an insomniac (Geniuses need very little sleep. . .;))
- My claim to fame is making out with the lead singer of a nationally known rock band when I was in college. (No, I'm NOT going to tell you who!)
Leave a comment on this post by 04/17/2010 at 7:00 AM EST. The winners will be generated by entering the number of comments at Random.org. Hos, fellow Bugaboo Stamps DT members, non-followers, and international bright young things are all eligible to win. Good Luck!!! :D